Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 33: Arrived in St. John's and survived the first leg of the trip

After 29 days of riding and 3160km under my belt, I've made it to the east coast and finished the first leg of my trip.

The riding conditions today were the best since the trip started. I was down to a t-shirt for the first time, and I had no headwind to deal with. I also had a bit more umph in my pedaling because I knew this would be my last day of riding until I get to BC next week.

My good friend Kerri, who is graciously hosting me for my stay in St. John's, joined me for a ride out to Quidi Vidi to get a pic of me and Gracie dipping into the Atlantic to mark the end of this leg. It's an absolutely beautiful day here and I'm looking forward to a little down time before continuing the trek in ten days. My flight leaves on May 22nd, and posts will resume when I get back on the road the following Monday.

It's been an incredible trip so far,  I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Next stop - west coast!

Kerri!!!

Leaving Moorland.

I randomly ran into a friend from Toronto. Fabian spotted me from his car and managed to flag me down.


Arriving at Quidi Vidi to dip Gracie in the Atlantic.

Trying to find a safe spot...




No comments:

Post a Comment