Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 26: Short ride and some golf(sort of)

Third day in a row of beautiful weather, unfortunately tomorrow looks like rain. I'm in an awkward position because I can't just ride until I get tired each day,  I need to make sure there's a town within riding distance - which is sometimes few and far between.

That meant I could do just 50km today and get to Deer Lake, or try and put in 185km to get to Springdale - nothing in between. I might regret not doing the 185km today because of the perfect riding weather,  but I'll deal with what tomorrow brings when the time comes.

As for today,  I stopped off in Pasadena and played some pitch and putt to break up the day.  They had a nice pub onsite with friendly clientele who graciously bought me pizza and beer to keep me going for the 20km I had left to ride for the day.

I'm now in Deer Lake,  enjoying some more beverages and good company at the Hideaway Pub. Terri and John have been a great help finding me the right motel for tomorrow,  and even making new sooner sandwiches for the ride. I highly recommend stopping by the Hideaway Pub if you're ever in Deer Lake.

I'm going to try and make it an early night,  I want to get an early start on that 135km tomorrow morning.

Leaving Corner Brook












Me and Terri at the Hideaway Pub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment